Inspire your clients towards a long term healthier diet & lifestyle. From dietary analysis to health coaching, the skills and knowledge learnt on this accredited in-class or online health and nutrition course will allow you to reach your career goals.
About the course
This Ofqual regulated UK level 4 health and nutrition course qualification is ideal for individuals who wish to gain an academically certified, industry accredited nutrition coaching award combined with a practical knowledge of diet and nutrition.
It is designed for those wishing to coach and inspire individuals and groups towards long term diet & lifestyle changes for improved health. Graduates will gain a highly effective combination of scientific knowledge and practical skills in diet & nutrition, meal planning and recipe production, as well as communication and coaching skills which results in clients achieving their health goals.
Also, you will examine food from farm to fork and discuss exactly how it is grown, processed and thus nutritionally depleted and the effect this can have on different systems and the body as a whole. You will then discover the beneficial impact of different nutrients and foods and be instructed step by step how to analyse nutritional needs. You will also gain the knowledge and skills to develop meal and lifestyle plans to help promote optimum health and to achieve lasting, positive changes in your role as a nutrition and lifestyle coach.
“The NLC qualification from IHS has helped me so much. It has given me the confidence and tools to set up my own online business. I really did not envision myself setting up my own busy and successful business within a couple of months of graduating from IHS! I have given up my teaching job and am now devoting all of my time and energy to my new business. It is hard work and takes dedication but because I enjoy it so much, it doesn’t feel like work. As the saying goes, “Do what you love, and you’ll never work another day in your life”. Karen O’Connor, Graduate
Why choose the CI Level 4 (UK) Diploma in Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching Nutrition Course?
- Assured academic accreditation. The only Ofqual Regulated health and nutrition coaching course of this type available. This part-time in class or online nutrition course is UK level 4 (equivalent level to the first year of a degree programme). Read more about IHS course accreditation
- Comprehensive and well structured study material supplied
- Suitable for anyone interested in learning about nutrition coaching. Healthcare practitioners or personal trainers can maximise their potential earning revenues with the skills and knowledge in this nutrition training; or those with no health background can enhance their own wellbeing and that of their family – or use it launch an exciting new career as a nutrition practitioner!
- Dynamic and interactive lecture weekends (in-class students only). Designed to suit all learning types and engage students in the learning process. Lecture weekends include a mixture of formal lectures, group discussion, group exercises, role play and case studies
- Expert lecturers, Personal Tutors and Unit Leaders. Lecturers for the Diploma in Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching include leading Nutritional Therapists, certified health and wellness coaches and health promotion experts
- Health and Wellness coaching underpins the Diploma in Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching. Students are trained in the most effective ways of improving patient compliance; ensuring clients take responsibility for their own health, establishing how ready they are to change and then helping them overcome barriers to change
- The IHS commitment to pastoral care and student support. Students are assigned a personal tutor, who will be a practicing Nutritional Therapist with a wealth of clinical experience and knowledge to share. We ensure that all students have access to both staff and peer support whilst studying with IHS
- Flexible study options. Our most popular accredited online nutrition course, you can also attend lectures in London
- Learn practical and saleable skills as well as the latest nutrition theories. Using the latest dietary analysis software – Nutritics – students learn to assess clients’ diets quickly and professionally. Body composition analysis includes in-depth training covering key body measurements and their links to health and disease
- Register with a professional body and insure yourself to practice. Uk & Ireland based graduates can join the UK Health Coaches Association or Complementary Medical Association (CMA). Insurance is also available directly via Balens for a number of European countries
- Start seeing clients and earning immediately upon graduation. All consultation paperwork and client fact sheets are provided to graduates to help them get started in business straight away
With 410 guided learning hours, including 6 optional lecture weekends in London, tutorials, home study and assignments, the Diploma in Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching programme offers students practical training in key areas – specifically designed to ensure IHS graduates have a unique and diverse set of skills.
Students are organised into ‘buddy groups’ to allow them to practice key coaching and communication skills with their peers within a supportive environment.
All of the above are designed to produce confident and competent graduates ready for a successful career as a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach.
What will I study?
Topics for this health and nutrition course include:
Reflective Practice for Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaches
Health and Dietary Trends in Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching
The Human Body, Nutrition and Health
Professional Communication Skills
Macronutrients in Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching
Weight Management in Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching
Micronutrients and Phytonutrients in Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching
Toxins and Health
The Role of Food Groups in Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching
Optimising Nutrition in Practice
Food Production and Health
Nutrition for Population Groups
Coaching Skills for Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching
Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching in Practice
Please contact us for further details or a lecture plan.
How is this course structured?
This course can be completed in-class, online or a mixture of the two (blended learning).
Starting in September and with 6 lecture weekends in London, this is the most popular way of completing the Diploma in Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching nutrition qualification.
Online & Blended Learning
With 3 available starting slots – September, February and May – studying online gives the flexibility to study wherever you are. Online students can attend as many lecture weekends as they wish for no extra charge – those starting in February or May are welcome to attend for revision purposes, as lectures run with the September intake.
Approximately 10 – 15 hours of study per week are required.
What if I need to put the course on hold?
Simply finish the unit you are on, take the time you need and then join a later cohort – just as long as you’re back within 2 years, this is no problem!
Enhance your skills and knowledge with the IHS Certificate in Personalised Sports Nutrition
This certification is a lifelong learning qualification and students are accepted through a combination of academic qualifications and relevant life experience.
Normal minimum entry requirements
The minimum academic entry requirement for this nutrition course is 4 GCSEs grades A to C. Equivalent international qualifications will also be accepted.
Prior Learning and Prior Experiential Learning
Applicants with Prior Learning and Experiential Prior Learning will also be considered. All knowledge, skills and competencies accumulated through life and work experience will be considered.
All applicants will be interviewed to determine their suitability for this nutrition course.
Includes £395 enrolment fee, not including Nutritics dietary analysis software – special discounted rate for IHS students