This health coaching qualification allows graduates to work with clients to help them make healthy changes, using a combination of personalised nutrition and lifestyle expertise - plus effective coaching and communication skills
About the course
This fully accredited, 10 month, Ofqual regulated UK level 4 health coaching nutrition course is perfectly balanced between science-based theory and practical skills development. Upon graduation, you can support clients towards healthier lifestyle changes using dietary analysis, meal planning, personalised nutrition and lifestyle recommendations, coaching, consultation skills and more.
Read More: IHS produce confident and competent graduates ready for a successful career as a Health Coach
You will learn:
- The secrets to longevity and how to apply them to one’s own life and those of others
- How to create personalised, varied, nutritious and tasty meal plans suitable for a range of clients
- The strengths and weaknesses of dietary trends such as Paleo, Mediterranean, intermittent fasting, etc.
- How to produce effective and personalised lifestyle recommendations
- How to take effective health coaching sessions, with key coaching skills designed to help you motivate and guide your clients towards – and take responsibility for – their own optimum wellness
- Graduate with an extensive practitioner toolkit, including consultation paperwork, client fact sheets, questionnaires and assessment tools
Studying with IHS you will be:
- Supported by an expert personal tutor who is there to guide and help answer any questions that you may have throughout the course
- Monitored using regular and varied continuous assessments (including case studies) and feedback to effectively build knowledge, confidence and consultation skills. There are no exams
- On your own journey of self-development! This course can be personally and professionally life-changing for students and those around them.
“The NLC qualification from IHS has helped me so much. It has given me the confidence and tools to set up my own online business. I really did not envision myself setting up my own busy and successful business within a couple of months of graduating from IHS! I have given up my teaching job and am now devoting all of my time and energy to my new business. It is hard work and takes dedication but because I enjoy it so much, it doesn’t feel like work. As the saying goes, “Do what you love, and you’ll never work another day in your life”. Karen O’Connor, Graduate
I already have a nutrition qualification, can I just gain the coaching skills?
- For learning solely the communication & behavioural change techniques to empower individuals to take responsibility for their own health and to adopt long term healthier lifestyle choices. please see the IHS Certificate in Health & Wellness Coaching
Why choose the CI Level 4 (UK) Diploma in Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching Nutrition Course?
- Our course is designed with your success in mind. It builds knowledge and skills in everything you need to practice, including nutrition, lifestyle management, coaching and career development.
- Our extensive and expert team of educators and practitioners, who are here to share their extensive practical knowledge and expertise in nutrition and coaching with you.
- An experienced and practicing nutrition expert personal tutor will guide you throughout your journey to becoming a health coach.
- The specially devised course layout and support structure designed to help adult learners accommodate study alongside an already busy life, with regular online webinar tutorials and Q&As.
- The assurance of our academic quality. This course is regulated by OFQUAL (UK level 4) on the UK’s education framework, ensuring you can be confident in the quality and recognition of your chosen course.
- Our research based, up to date and practical course material means IHS graduates can be confident in the quality of service they provide to clients.
- The comprehensive practitioner toolkit you will receive on graduation designed to help kickstart your career and practice.
- Become part of our growing global Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching community, with private graduate Facebook group and other ongoing support to help your new career flourish.
- Graduates in the UK and many other European countries can register and insure themselves to practice as a Nutrition and Lifestyle / Health Coach upon graduation, including membership of the UK Health Coaches Association (UKHCA) – now open to all international students and graduates – please see our scope of practice
Running over 10 months, with 410 guided learning hours – including 6 optional online lecture weekends – tutorials, home study and assignments, the Diploma in Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching course offers students practical training in key areas. It is specifically designed to ensure graduates have a unique and diverse set of skills.
Read More: Student & Graduate Testimonials
What will I study?
There are 12 units in total:
- Introduction to Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching
- Food Groups
- Micronutrients and Phytonutrients
- Energy Balance
- Farm to Fork: Food Production and Quality
- Optimising Nutrition in Practice
- Nutrition for Wellness and Longevity
- Lifestyle for Wellness and Longevity
- Personalised Nutrition and Lifestyle for Individuals
- Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching in Practice
- Building a Successful NLC Career
How is this course structured?
This course is completed 100% online or with the advantage of additional, optional online lecture weekends.
With 3 available starting slots – September, January and May – studying online gives the flexibility to study wherever you are. Online students can attend as many online optional lecture weekends as they wish for no extra charge – those starting in February or May are welcome to attend following weekends for revision purposes, as lectures run with the September intake.
10+ hours of study per week are required (including webinars, lecture weekends, assessments, etc).
What if I need to put the course on hold?
Simply finish the unit you are on, take the time you need and then join a later cohort – just as long as you’re back within 2 years of your original start date, this is no problem (please note that multiple deferrals may attract a re-enrolment fee).
This certification is a lifelong learning qualification and students are accepted through a combination of academic qualifications and relevant life experience.
Normal minimum entry requirements
The minimum academic entry requirement for this nutrition course is 1 A-Level grade A to C . Equivalent international qualifications will also be accepted.
Prior Learning and Prior Experiential Learning
All knowledge, skills and competencies accumulated through life and work experience will be considered.
All applicants will be interviewed to determine their suitability for this course.
10 monthly payments total:
1 or 2 payments - save £200:
Includes £395 enrolment fee, not including dietary analysis software – special discounted rate for IHS students