Work with clients to make healthy changes by using a combination of personalised nutrition and lifestyle expertise along with effective coaching and communication skills
London & Dublin
About the course
This fully accredited, 10 month, Ofqual regulated UK level 4 nutrition course is perfectly balanced between science-based theory and practical skill development. You will gain confidence in supporting individuals towards healthier lifestyle changes using dietary analysis, meal planning, personalised nutrition and lifestyle recommendations, coaching, consultation skills and more.
Click here for December early bird special offer – free dietary analysis software
You will learn:
- The secrets to longevity and how to apply them to one’s own life and those of others
- How to create personalised, varied, nutritious and tasty meal plans suitable for a range of clients
- The strengths and weaknesses of current dietary trends such as Paleo, Mediterranean, intermittent fasting etc
- How to produce effective and personalised lifestyle recommendations for clients with varying lifestyles and daily demands
- How to take effective nutrition and lifestyle coaching sessions
- Coaching skills designed to help you motivate and guide your clients towards their own optimum wellness
- And graduate with an extensive practitioner toolkit, including consultation paperwork, client fact sheets, questionnaires and assessment tools and comprehensive training on how to use them
On your study journey with IHS you will be:
- Supported by an expert personal tutor who is there to guide and help answer any questions that you may have throughout the course
- Monitored using regular and varied continuous assessments (including case studies) and feedback to effectively build knowledge, confidence and consultation skills. There are no exams
- On your own journey of self-development! This course can be personally and professionally life-changing for students and those around them!
“The NLC qualification from IHS has helped me so much. It has given me the confidence and tools to set up my own online business. I really did not envision myself setting up my own busy and successful business within a couple of months of graduating from IHS! I have given up my teaching job and am now devoting all of my time and energy to my new business. It is hard work and takes dedication but because I enjoy it so much, it doesn’t feel like work. As the saying goes, “Do what you love, and you’ll never work another day in your life”. Karen O’Connor, Graduate
What is the difference between a health coach and a nutrition coach?
Strictly speaking, health coaches solely use communication & behavioural change techniques to empower individuals to take responsibility for their own health and to adopt long term healthier lifestyle choices. They do not need to be an expert in any particular field – health coaches do not give dietary advice. Nutrition coaches use a combination of health coaching skills and dietary analysis & advice with their clients. It is important to note, however, that these previously accepted definitions are changing and so the two titles are now considered to be interchangeable. For more information on our health coaching course, please see the IHS Certificate in Health & Wellness Coaching
Why choose the CI Level 4 (UK) Diploma in Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching Nutrition Course?
- Our course is designed with your success in mind. It builds knowledge and skills in everything you need to practice, including nutrition, lifestyle management, coaching and career development.
- IHS’s extensive and expert team of educators and practitioners, who are here to share their extensive practical knowledge and expertise in nutrition and coaching with you.
- An experienced and practicing nutrition expert personal tutor will guide you throughout your journey to becoming a Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach.
- The specially devised course layout and support structure designed to help adult learners accommodate study alongside an already busy life.
- The assurance of our academic quality. This course is regulated by OFQUAL (UK level 4) and on the UK’s education framework, ensuring you can be confident in the quality and recognition of your chosen course.
- Our research based, up to date and practical course material means IHS graduates can be confident in the quality of service they provide to clients.
- The comprehensive practitioner tool kit you will receive on graduation designed to help kick start your career and practice.
- Become part of our growing global Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching community.
- Take advantage of the support and networking opportunities provided after graduation from Facebook groups and newsletters to CPD courses and networking events.
- Graduates in the UK and many other European countries can register and insure themselves to practice as a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach upon graduation.
Running over 10 months, with 410 guided learning hours – including 6 optional lecture weekends in London or Dublin – tutorials, home study and assignments, the Diploma in Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching course offers students practical training in key areas – specifically designed to ensure graduates have a unique and diverse set of skills.
IHS produce confident and competent graduates ready for a successful career as a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach.
What will I study?
- Introduction to Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching
- Food Groups
- Micronutrients and Phytonutrients
- Energy Balance
- Farm to Fork: Food Production and Quality
- Optimising Nutrition in Practice
- Nutrition for Wellness and Longevity
- Lifestyle for Wellness and Longevity
- Personalised Nutrition and Lifestyle for Individuals
- Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching in Practice
- Building a Successful NLC Career
How is this course structured?
This course can be completed in-class, online or a mixture of the two (blended learning).
Starting in September and with 12 lecture days in London or Dublin, this is the most popular way of completing the Diploma in Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching nutrition qualification.
Online & Blended Learning
With 3 available starting slots – September, February and May – studying online gives the flexibility to study wherever you are. Online students can attend as many lecture weekends as they wish for no extra charge – those starting in February or May are welcome to attend for revision purposes, as lectures run with the September intake.
10+ hours of study per week are required (including webinars, lecture weekends, assessments, etc).
What if I need to put the course on hold?
Simply finish the unit you are on, take the time you need and then join a later cohort – just as long as you’re back within 2 years, this is no problem!
This certification is a lifelong learning qualification and students are accepted through a combination of academic qualifications and relevant life experience.
Normal minimum entry requirements
The minimum academic entry requirement for this nutrition course is 4 GCSEs grades A to C. Equivalent international qualifications will also be accepted.
Prior Learning and Prior Experiential Learning
All knowledge, skills and competencies accumulated through life and work experience will be considered.
All applicants will be interviewed to determine their suitability for this course.
10 monthly payments total:
1 or 2 payments - save £200:
10 monthly payments total:
1 or 2 payments - save £200:
Includes £395 enrolment fee, not including dietary analysis software – special discounted rate for IHS students