This innovative course is designed to offer research-based & practical information to anyone wishing to understand more about the different models of plant-based eating, whether a healthcare professional wishing to better understand & support their clients or an individual embarking on change.
About the course
Enrol today using the code CPD20 on your enrolment form for 20% off fees for this course
With a shift towards more plant-based eating with an estimated 19% of the World population now identifying as vegan, vegetarian or flexitarian, the world is changing & so are the foods we eat.
Also, 1 in 3 people are cutting down on – or eliminating – meat from their diets. This is a fast-growing global phenomenon & one that it is predicted is here to stay. Individuals are choosing plant-based diets for animal welfare, environmental and health reasons. Whatever their motive, it is vital that those shifting to a plant-based diet & lifestyle understand the key elements required to optimise health.
We will explore:
- The different approaches to plant-based eating: flexitarianism, veganism, vegetarianism & plant-slant
- Optimising nutrient intake within a plant-based diet
- The potential health benefits of a plant-based diet
- Optimising your diet, including fermenting, sprouting & eating a rainbow
- The individual and powerful health benefits of a variety of plant foods
- Becoming more plant-based: practical support with meal planning, cooking, shopping and eating out
All students & graduates can access our closed Facebook group to join a community of like-minded individuals to share recipes, advice, ideas, resources & much more
Self paced online study, 6 months to complete
50-100 learning hours
Interactive tutor support & learning