If you register for one of our courses the following terms and conditions will apply.
- On receipt of your application your course place will be booked only when IHS has received your €395/£395 enrolment fee (deductible from course fees). The enrolment fee guarantees your place on the course as long as the first payment of course fees is paid at least four weeks before the course start date (or before the date specified on your invoice) and is non-refundable, unless you are deemed not suitable for your chosen course. If you wish to cancel your place before the course commences, any course fees paid will be refunded, less a €25/£25 administration fee. All students who start a semester are obliged to pay for that semester in its entirety. €500/£350 of Diploma in Nutrition & Lifestyle Coaching course fees are Crossfields Institute registration fees and are non-refundable under any circumstances.
- In class students course fees include module material (downloaded from the IHS Learning Management System), lectures, group tutorials, marking, exams and clinical practice (as applicable). Course fees are charged per semester i.e. in two parts each year. One to be paid 4 weeks before start of semester 1 and the second 4 weeks before start of semester 2. Not included are optional ITEC exams, remarking of failed assignments, retaking of failed or missed exams, recommended reading material or Nutritics software. Failure to make payment of fees (yearly, semester or monthly) will result in the withdrawal of access to the IHS Learning Management System, facilities and lectures and all results and certificates will be withheld.
- E-Learning Students course fees include module material (downloaded from the IHS Learning Management System), marking, any IHS exams, 2 x one on one Skype tutorials per module and access to a personal tutor. Not included are optional ITEC exams, attendance of optional lecture weekends, re-marking of failed assignments, retaking of failed or missed exams, recommended reading material or Nutritics software. Failure to make payment of fees (yearly, semester or monthly) will result in the withdrawal of access to the IHS Learning Management System, facilities and lectures and all results and certificates will be withheld.
- Students are responsible for ensuring all course assignments are submitted by the due date clearly marked on the hand-in schedule. Students are also responsible for ensuring they know when all course exams are taking place.
- Successful completion of the course requires passing of assignments and exams and meeting the expected standard for clinical practice (where applicable).
- If you need to defer your study your place may be held open for up to two years at the discretion of an Institute Director. You may be subject to an increase in course fees that has taken place during your absence. There could also be an administrative charge to facilitate your return to study in addition to any course fees owed.
- IHS will provide what is considered to be a safe and normal learning environment and therefore cannot be held responsible for any consequence of your actions.
- It is your responsibility to inform IHS if you suffer from any serious condition that requires pharmaceutical medication.
- On agreeing to our terms and conditions you are agreeing to participate in a learning experience with others. IHS reserves the right to cancel this contract if it finds your behaviour to be disruptive to all or some of the class. IHS holds you responsible for your own actions, for looking after yourself and your belongings.
- IHS has a fitness to practice policy and reserve the right to withdraw access to clinical practice at any point throughout the course.
- Please note the course structure & fees may be subject to change in accordance to future changes in regulation and accreditation requirements and that alternative course locations may be offered depending on class size.
Institute of Health Sciences
13 Upper Baggot Street